DUE TO A CONFLICT WE HAVE RESCHEDULED THE TOUR TO MARCH 12.
Join NACITE for a Winter Bike “At Lunch” Day on March 12, 2020! Don’t have a winter ready bike? NACITE has rented 15 Fat Tire Bikes for us to use so you have the option to rent or bring your own. This winter cycling tour will depart from Edmonton Tower, take you on a 6.0 km journey through Downtown, and bring you right back to Edmonton Tower. Not sure or nervous about winter cycling? This tour is the perfect opportunity to try it out with fellow NACITE friends, no one will be left behind. Ian Hosler and Julie Cournoyer from the City of Edmonton will lead us through navigating Edmonton’s bicycle infrastructure in the winter! So let’s learn together and try out winter cycling!Event details:
- Register before Tuesday March 10 at 5 pm.
- Choose if you would like to rent a fat tire bike or bring your own when you register.
- Cost: $20 if you are renting a bike, free if you bring your own bike.
- Event Date: March 12, 2020 from 11:30 am to about 1:00 pm.
- What to wear: Good question! Layers, layers, layers! Depending on the weather that day, you may want to consider snow pants and something warm to cover your face and neck (neck tube/balaclava). Some of us like wear ski goggles too! Warm mittens or gloves and warm socks. A helmet is mandatory for this tour.
- Where to meet: We will meet Edmonton Tower lobby at 11:30 am and depart from the parkade together at 11:50 am.
- The tour will take approximately 1 hour, getting us back to Edmonton Tower around 1:00 pm.